Cushioned between Martinique and St. Vincent in the calm blue Caribbean Sea sits St. Lucia, a spectacular lush, tropical paradise that is ideal for your destination wedding. Although relatively small in size, (27 miles long and 14 miles wide), it is big and large in natural beauty.
It features a dramatic 2,000ft twin coastal peaks, "The Pitons" (a UNESCO site) that tower over the surrounding rich rainforests below. St. Lucia receives plenty of sunshine year round with temperatures hovering near 30 degrees Celsius. Its steep coastline and prestigious coral reefs in the crystal blue waters makes it a dream come true for divers and snorkelers.
It makes the perfect backdrop for any destination wedding and if you are looking for a unique wedding location not found anywhere else on the planet, try St. Lucia’s Soufriere volcano. It features the world’s only drive-in volcanic crater and also lets you experience a mud bath or hot springs present on-site, a truly soothing experience.
St. Lucia offers majestic, cascade waterfalls like the Diamond Falls as a beautiful backdrop when you exchange vows or how about saying “I dos” on a private yacht as you sail hand-in-hand into the picture-perfect sunset?
· No residency period
· Apply for marriage license two days before wedding- fee $125 USD
· Apply for marriage license on same wedding day- fee $200 USD
· Valid Passports valid for at least six months upon arrival
· Valid birth certificates
· A decree absolute (if one party is divorced), and a death certificate of first spouse (if widow/widower)
· An authenticated translation is required if documents are not in English
The possibilities are endless in romantic St. Lucia.